For wine enthusiasts, investing in a wine cooler guarantees the preservation and optimum storage conditions of your favorite bottles. However, just like any home appliance, wine coolers require routine maintenance and proper installation to ensure they operate effectively.
One important aspect of installation is leveling your wine cooler. If you’re struggling with this, don’t worry, this guide will provide you with simple steps on how to level NewAir 15-inch wine cooler and optimize its performance.
How to level Newair 15-inch wine cooler?
Leveling a NewAir 15-inch wine cooler is an important step to ensure that it operates properly and that your wine is stored at the correct temperature. If a wine cooler is not level, it may not be able to maintain a consistent temperature, and your wine may be at risk of spoilage.
To level a NewAir 15-inch wine cooler, follow these steps:
- Place the wine cooler on a level surface. If you do not have a level surface, you can use a shim to level the unit.
- Locate the front feet of the wine cooler. The front feet are located on the bottom of the unit, near the front corners.
- Use a screwdriver to adjust the height of the front feet until the wine cooler is level. You can check the level of the wine cooler using a level.
- Once the wine cooler is level from the front, check the level from the back. If the wine cooler is not level from the back, adjust the front feet again.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the wine cooler is level from both the front and the back.
Here are some additional tips for leveling a NewAir 15-inch wine cooler:
- Be careful not to overtighten the front feet, as this can damage the wine cooler.
- If the wine cooler is placed on a soft surface, such as carpet, you may need to place a piece of plywood or other sturdy material under the wine cooler to provide a more stable surface.
- If you are having trouble leveling the wine cooler, you can contact NewAir customer support for assistance.
Once your NewAir 15-inch wine cooler is level, you can start using it to store your wine. Be sure to check the temperature of the wine cooler regularly to ensure that it is maintaining the correct temperature for your wine.
You can also like:
- Is Sauvignon Blanc Sweet? Unveiling Its True Nature
- Do You Decant White Wine?
- Viognier vs Chardonnay: Similarities, Differences & Selection Criteria
Why is it important to level a wine cooler?
It is important to level a wine cooler for the following reasons:
- To ensure that the wine cooler operates properly. If a wine cooler is not level, the compressor may not work properly, and the wine cooler may not be able to maintain a consistent temperature.
- To protect your wine. If a wine cooler is not level, the wine may not be stored at the correct temperature. This can lead to spoilage, such as cork taint or premature oxidation.
- To reduce noise. A wine cooler that is not level may make more noise.
- More efficient operation: A level wine cooler will operate more efficiently, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Extended lifespan: A level wine cooler is less likely to experience problems, such as compressor failure, which can extend the lifespan of the unit.
- Better wine preservation: A level wine cooler will provide better wine preservation by maintaining a consistent temperature. This will help your wines to age properly and taste their best.
In addition to the benefits listed above, leveling a wine cooler can also make it easier to load and unload the unit. A level wine cooler is less likely to tip over, and the shelves will be more stable.
Overall, leveling a wine cooler is an important step to ensure that it operates properly and that your wine is stored at the correct temperature. It is a simple task that can provide a number of benefits.
Why is your NewAir 15-inch wine cooler not level?
There are a few possible reasons why your NewAir 15 inch wine cooler may not level:
- The wine cooler is not on a level surface.
- The leveling feet are not adjusted properly.
- The wine cooler is damaged or defective.
To troubleshoot the problem, try the following:
- Make sure that the wine cooler is on a level surface. If the wine cooler is on a carpeted surface, place a piece of plywood or other sturdy material under the wine cooler to provide a level surface.
- Check the leveling feet on the bottom of the wine cooler. Make sure that the leveling feet are properly adjusted and that they are making contact with the surface below the wine cooler.
- If the wine cooler is still not level after adjusting the leveling feet, it is possible that the wine cooler is damaged or defective. In this case, you will need to contact NewAir customer service for assistance.
Here are some additional tips for leveling a NewAir 15 inch wine cooler:
- Use a level to check the wine cooler’s level from all sides.
- Make small adjustments to the leveling feet until the wine cooler is level.
- If the wine cooler is wobbly after leveling, try placing a piece of felt or rubber under the leveling feet to help reduce vibration.
If you are still having trouble leveling your NewAir 15 inch wine cooler, please contact NewAir customer service for assistance.
How to clean a NewAir wine cooler?
To clean a NewAir wine cooler, follow these steps:
- Turn off and unplug the wine cooler.
- Remove all wine bottles and shelves.
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe down the inside and outside of the wine cooler with a mild soap and water solution.
- Pay particular attention to the door gasket, as this is where mold and mildew can grow.
- Rinse the wine cooler thoroughly with clean water.
- Dry the wine cooler completely with a clean towel.
- Replace the shelves and wine bottles.
- Plug in and turn on the wine cooler.
Here are some additional tips for cleaning your NewAir wine cooler:
- To remove stubborn stains, you can use a paste made from baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing it away.
- If the wine cooler has a strong odor, you can soak it in a vinegar solution for a few hours before washing it.
- Be sure to avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on your wine cooler, as this can damage the materials.
- Allow the wine cooler to air dry completely before using it again. This will help to prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
It is also recommended to clean the condenser coils on the back of the wine cooler regularly. To do this, simply vacuum the coils with a brush attachment.
1. Why isn’t my NewAir wine cooler achieving the desired cold temperature?
There could be several reasons why your wine cooler is not cooling as it should. Potential issues may include problems with the power supply, thermostat malfunction, the influence of external heat sources (such as an oven), blockage in ventilation, restricted airflow, fan malfunction, or a problem with the door.
2. Is the NewAir wine cooler a reliable appliance?
The NewAir Two-zone wine cooler is an excellent value proposition. It operates quietly, boasts useful features like a humidity tray, and offers a dual-color lighting system, making it a worthwhile choice for wine enthusiasts.
3. Can a wine fridge be placed horizontally?
It is not advisable to lay down a wine cooler horizontally. To prevent potential damage, it is recommended to have the wine cooler transported by professionals who can ensure it remains upright throughout the delivery process.
4. What is the ideal temperature setting for a wine cooler?
For optimal wine storage, it is recommended to set the temperature within the range of 50°F (11°C) to 65°F (18°C) for red wine and adjust the other zone to a range between 45°F (7°C) and 50°F (11°C) for white wine.
5. Is NewAir considered a reputable brand?
From the outset, NewAir has prioritized quality products that cater to customer needs and exceptional customer service. This commitment has earned NewAir a reputation as one of the most trusted names in compact appliances.
6. Why is my wine cooler not maintaining a sufficiently cold temperature?
If your wine cooler is failing to cool effectively, it may be due to a malfunctioning thermostat. The thermostat is responsible for supplying power to components that regulate and adjust the cooler’s temperature. If it is damaged, the interior may become excessively warm or, in some cases, overly cold. Unfortunately, a faulty thermostat cannot be repaired.
7. How long has NewAir been in business?
NewAir was founded by Luke and Mariella Peters in 2001, driven by their aspiration to establish a company rooted in family values. Since then, NewAir has grown to become a respected and enduring presence in the industry.
In conclusion, we hope you can answer the question: “How to level NewAir 15 inch wine cooler”. Leveling your Newair 15 Inch Wine Cooler is not a difficult task. However, it is critical that it is done correctly to prevent any damage to the cooler or your bottles of wine.
By following the above guide, you will be able to level your wine cooler with ease and enjoy your favorite bottles of wine for years to come. Cheers!
In 2014, Leo Colon began working with Big Cottonwood Winery. Over the years he has remained part of this prestigious winery’s team and is also a contributor to other notable wine publications. As an ardent advocate for knowledge, Leo continues his vinous education to this day.